next libss7 release

Hi,

On 2013-08-09 15:34, Frederic Van Espen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what are the plans for the next libss7 release. 1.0.2
> was released about 4 years ago, and the current code in trunk brings
> major changes/fixes.
>
> Are there any plans to make a real release soon or will it stay like
> this for a while?

I have tried to push the changes for inclusion to Asterisk 11, but
missed the deadline and now for Asterisk 12 too :(
The code published in the reviews is working flawlessly here for some
time now and maybe once Asterisk 12 is branched and trunk unfreezes for
new features it may be accepted for inclusion. More test reports and
code reviews may help for this a lot.

> How about compatibility with asterisk versions? Is the current code in
> trunk only compatible with asterisk 11 or can it also be used on
> asterisk 1.8?

The code in the reviews (and relevant branches) is against trunk (for
both libss7 and Asterisk), because it can be officially included in
trunk only (and Asterisk 12 when branched as it is current trunk).
libss7 trunk is not compatible with any official version of Asterisk as
it requires those review changes.
I have made a patch for Asterisk 11 (
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/SS7-27 ), but not for 1.8 ...
there are definitely some nonexistent functions calls for 1.8, so it
will not apply cleanly and will need some more work, but not sure how
difficult it will be to backport it