Asterisk + libss7 with BT in the UK

i can offer this bit of depressing information - at ss7box we never cracked
BT - we connected to other providers that had top-shelf equipment connected
to BT; BT has special features, connection testing is expensive, and
there's no fixing while testing - we figured that we'd need to buy a BT
conformant test-bed and develop against that; project revenue didn't match
investment and effort, so we gave up on BT; FT and ATT were much easier to
work with

you'll need the BT docs, a compliant BT SS7 device to test against, and a
pile of money to go through conformance testing

good luck