No audio using libss7 over E1

Thank you Gustavo.?

What you have mentioned is very interesting! I will ask my provider tomorrow about the Continuity Check procedure to see if they can enable it to assist us with our troubleshooting. I will let you know the outcome.

Sent from Samsung MobileGustavo M?rsico <gustavomarsico at gmail.com> wrote:The fastest way to try that is to ask to the remote carrier to turn on the Continuity Check procedure.?Asterisk reacts to this looping back the audio channel.
In the manual mode, the tech guy will be alerted immediately if something goes wrong with the test.
In automatic mode (for all calls, or a % of calls), if a channel don't pass the test, the far end will choose another CIC.

Unfortunately neither libss7 nor chan_ss7 supports to be the initiator of such test, just the receiver.

Hope this helps

Gustavo

On Aug 1, 2012, at 3:35 PM, David Wilson wrote:

Thank you Krzysztof,

Please find my responses below.

 >Disable one E1 - by not configuring it - as far as dahdi.conf level -
>it should pull an alarm on your telco friend so you will be sure that
>your second E1 is his "1st" or "2nd".
Ok great. I will do that.

>Yes and no. You send "block channel nr 7" and he responded "ok the 7th
>is blocked" but it does not say that CIC no. 7 is 6th or 7th or 8th
>timeslot on port one, or on port two of your asterisk box / sangoma
>card. The block does mean that you do not place new calls on this CIC
Ok. Agreed.

>You - don't. Your party - provably - has.
>If he has - the CIC no 63 that it means for me - it's some misconfiguration.
> (Two E1 could take at top - two times 30 - so 60 CIC without any
>signaling link, and at least one is a must).
Yes. I agree.

>Carefully - setup one E1 - by configuring only one, and double check
>the cables and CIC numbering.
Ok. I will call my provider again tomorrow and try what you have suggested. Hopefully we get it working! :)

Thank you for all your assistance so far.
?

Get important Linux and industry-related news at: facebook.com/dcdata

Kind regards,

?David Wilson
?CNS,CLS, LINUX+, CLA, DCTS, LPIC3
?LinuxTech CC t/a DcData
?CK number: 2001/058368/23
Website:	http://www.dcdata.co.za
Support:	+27(0)860-1-LINUX
Mobile:	+27(0)824147413
Tel:	+27(0)333446100
Fax:	+27(0)866878971

On 08/01/2012 08:26 PM, Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:
2012/8/1 David Wilson <dave at dcdata.co.za>
The system is in another African country so instead of me physically
pulling out the E1 cable from the system I tested by 'blocking' certain CICs
Block is just "send some block info and wait for ack" as "send IAM"
etc. It does not concern any cabling/ logical CIC matching the
hardware.
Disable one E1 - by not configuring it - as far as dahdi.conf level -
it should pull an alarm on your telco friend so you will be sure that
your second E1 is his "1st" or "2nd".

in my linkset1 by using the 'ss7 block cic 1 [channel]' command. The
provider said that he could see the corresponding blocked CICs and they
appeared to match up to his CICs.
Yes and no. You send "block channel nr 7" and he responded "ok the 7th
is blocked" but it does not say that CIC no. 7 is 6th or 7th or 8th
timeslot on port one, or on port two of your asterisk box / sangoma
card. The block does mean that you do not place new calls on this CIC

[Aug  1 20:01:21] VERBOSE[30284] chan_dahdi.c: Resetting CIC 47
[Aug  1 20:01:21] WARNING[30284] chan_dahdi.c: RSC on unconfigured CIC 47
[Aug  1 20:01:51] VERBOSE[30284] chan_dahdi.c: Resetting CIC 63
[Aug  1 20:01:51] WARNING[30284] chan_dahdi.c: RSC on unconfigured CIC 63
Could this possibly confirm the CIC alignment problem that we suspect? I
don't have a bchan/CIC configured for 47 or 63
You - don't. Your party - provably - has.
If he has - the CIC no 63 that it means for me - it's some misconfiguration.
 (Two E1 could take at top - two times 30 - so 60 CIC without any
signaling link, and at least one is a must).

Carefully - setup one E1 - by configuring only one, and double check
the cables and CIC numbering.

Time to evaluate your email security provider? Watch the video and take advantage of Mimecast?s first ever limited promotion.