Where's Matt been? Well, here's the explanation

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 13:28 +0200, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
> Hi
>  joining Matthew and thanks very much Attila! Without your patches and
> support there would be much less successful libss7 installations.

welcome! :)

> Are the hacks included in svn version? Can you point me to specific part
> of the code (is it DAHDI_IGNORE_DTMF_REGENERATE), as i have similar
> problems with alarm systems, but had no time to work on it yet. Is it
> possible to turn off the DTMF detection per specific inbound number (per
> call) or just in general?

yes, on incomming dahdi calls you can disable it /call via
DAHDI_IGNORE_INCOMMING_DTMF_DETECT channel variable.

Just execuite in the dialplan: Set(DAHDI_IGNORE_INCOMMING_DTMF_DETECT=1)

DAHDI_IGNORE_DTMF_REGENERATE is used for outgoing calls.

dahdi won't touch the audio and won't make any dtmf frame. You must
solve it on other leg of the call (SIP, ATA etc).

On SIP: set ATA inband sip mode, asterisk: set rfc2833. When you need
dtmf conversion from/to ATA change the dtmf mode in the dialplan with
SIPDtmfMode() application (on called channel via the U(x[^arg]) dial
parameter).

I have stupid MGCP/NCS ATAs, they don't touch the audio just create a
NTFY message for dtmf, I ignore it in chan_mgcp with similar whay.

These solutions are very ugly, but works the alarm systems fine, playing
with DTMF modes alsa working the my dtmf controlled ivr builtin services
(balance query etc...)