Fedora 9 Libss7?

Sriram wrote:
> Hi
>
> I again got the libss7 working ....but I would like to know if anyone
> have had any problems installing libss7 on a Fedora 9 box  as i am
> having back pains trying to make it work with Fedora .. I've 2 brand new
> identical machines one with TE410P and other with TE420P and i m trying
> to install libss7 on both of them but they are behaving rather very
> strangely ....Out of 12 times i;ve installed Fedora / Dahdi/libss7 &
> Asterisk 1.6 (Dahdi & libss7 are trunk versions) ...i managed to get
> libss7 only to work twice !!! that too on one each !! i m usng the same
> chan_dahdi.conf and system.conf on both the machines...but this type of
> behavour is really puzzling ....and i feel only i m encontering such
> problems as i dont see many posts from people who are having a trouble
> installing it ---rather it seems a cake walk !!
>
> I run into the RED alarm problem virtually everytime but the RED LED
> goes on and off on the port on which the E1 has been inserted ...the RED
> glow isnt continous ---its rather similar to the other ports on which no
> E1 has been plugged..this makes me think if its a problem somewhere else
> ....but on those same machnes i managed to get the green light on
> following the same installation instructions
>
> I really want to know few answers :
>
> 1. Fedora Core is not a version on which libss7 wud run fine ?

Libss7 doesn't care about what distribution of linux it is run on.

> 2. How can i remove all asterisk traces so that i can install Asterisk
> trunk/Dahdi & Libss7 quickly without having a doubt that somewhere some
> trace of them must have been left...

No pointers there... I always just remove them by hand.  You might try
`make uninstall` though in the respective directories (I *think* there
might be an uninstall target).

What is the current problem you are having right now, so that we can
better help you perhaps?

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]