How much SS7 can I do with this material ?

Hi,

In my company I have a Cisco AS5350 as Media Gateway and a Squire SVI Softswitch as Media Gateway Controller ; I have also installed on my computer (belonging to the company's LAN) a TE410P card along with Zaptel, LibSS7 and Asterisk.

How could I precisely arrange all this stuff to place SS7-type phone calls from my computer ? Should I use the SIP way, or is the LibSS7 powerful enough to do calls to whatever SS7 endpoint no matter it has Digium material or not ?

Thanks for your help