Chan_ss7.so

Hello.

It seems that there are quite a few people who want to use chan_ss7 in
the US.

I wrote this before - but the SS7 version used in the US is the ANSI
version which is quite different on many protocol levels from the
(European / rest of the world) ITU version.
Chan_ss7 is currently only implemented for the ITU version.

You can get it to work on a T1 (1.544 Mbit/s) trunk between two Asterisk
/ chan_ss7 machines but not with any other live equipment.
Not even a simple audio channel since the US uses uLaw audio compression
and chan_ss7 is hardcoded to aLaw compression.

It is quite a big undertaking to create an ANSI compatible version of
the current chan_ss7 and then add other protocol layers which are
used quite often in the US like SCCP etc.

Sorry folks  - but chan_ss7 currently only works in a ITU / E1 enviroment.

Peter.