Re: absorbDTMF option only working on one channel

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 8:56 AM Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard.frith-macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2019, at 12:28, Joshua C. Colp <jcolp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> For the non-mobile leg is it configured with dtmf_mode=rfc4733?

There's no specific dtmf_mode configured for it, which the documentation says means rfc4733 (the default).

> If so then it looks as though from the perspective of Asterisk it is not actually forwarding DTMF through, at least DTMF it has been told about. If the DTMF is also coming in over the audio stream itself, then that would be forwarded on as-is since it is the responsibility of the remote party to suppress that audio and not Asterisk.

Shouldn't I be seeing that in the log as RTP packets?  I don't see any audio packets interleaved with the DTMF ones.

It depends where exactly it's inserted into the audio stream. It's all just theories right now and suggestions on how to narrow things down.

> A test would be sending the mobile leg to Record() and seeing if the DTMF is recorded. Record() doesn't record DTMF that Asterisk knows about, but merely records the audio stream as received. If it's played back and there is DTMF then it's not being suppressed as expected by the remote side.

I'll try that later.

If the remote side (mobile phone / network operator / SIP provider) is sending DTMF both in rfc4733 form and in the audio dat itself, is there anything asterisk can do to remedy that (eg apply a notch filter to the audio before passing it on over the brdge)?

Nothing springs to mind. We really depend on the remote endpoint to remove it.

--
Joshua C. Colp
Asterisk Technical Lead