Re: Clicks in audio

On 17 October 2017 at 17:19, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoligug@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, thanks for replying.

1. I have opened the files in audacity. When I play it on my computer I can't hear anything like the popping sound. Visually I'm not really sure what to look for. I mean I can't see a some that looks like it would account for such a loud pop.

I have had this in the past. Look at the very end of the recording in audacity - if you see where the main voice ends - starts to flatline - and if there is any small non-flatline after it, delete it. I have found that when someone is making recordings the keyboard click to stop the recording can get picked up. I usually manually delete from the end of the recording I want, and replace it with silence in Audacity just to be sure. Often you will not here it during playback in Audacity, but it is very apparent over a phone line.

Hope this helps

-Barry Flanagan