ARI websocket increasing TCP TIME_WAIT connections on port 8088

Hi
When I start an ARI Stasis application (built on nodejs), the websocket establishes connection on port 8088 of asterisk.
If i do a netstat I can see one ESTABLISHED tcp socket, which is fine.
and many TIME_WAIT tcp connections staying there for a minimum of 60 seconds.
The TIME_WAIT connections count increases whenever there is a call to Stasis Application that is already connected on port 8088, both if I call my stasis application from dialplan or from nodejs ARI application.
I need to understand, why there is a number of TIME_WAIT tcp connections created whenever i call Stasis(my-application). Is this expected behavior ?

when there are more number of Stasis application calls, then tcp TIME_WAIT connections peaks up drastically.
After that asterisk fails to respond any request via websocket !!
Finally a restart of asterisk and ARI application is required.

I hope somebody can guide me to overcome this situation.