Re: ARI: add channel to bridge immediatelly after originate action

Marin Odrljin wrote:

<snip>

Events that are odd to me are:

1.ChannelDialplan – DialplanApp is ' AppDial2' (my ARI app is called
differently, I assume this is some native Asterisk app that does the
originate work)

This is correct. That's the name that the underlying API puts in for that information when originating out.

2.StasisStart is not received yet. It will come after destination is
answered, so after event: ChannelStateChange (Up). Probably this is the
essence of the problem.

As soon as event ChannelStateChange (Up) comes, app can successfully add
outbound channel to bridge, event if it is started before StasisStart
event comes. But I would like to add channel to bridge before it is
answered, so channels are already bridged in the moment they are both
connected.

Can somebody please tell me if this behaviour is intended and fine? Or
maybe I have to use different approach to solve the problem?

This is expected in 13. There is no support for dialing a channel and interacting with it to that level before it has been answered. The closest you could do is originate to a Local channel that does an Answer() and then does the Dial(). Support for what you want was added in 14[1] though.

[1] http://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/08/24/asterisk-14-ari-create-bridge-dial/

--
Joshua Colp