Re: [Stasis] ChannelVarset is not raised for global variables

Claudiu Olteanu wrote:
Hi there,

The ChannelVarset event is not raised when a global variable is changed.
According to ChannelVarset event documentation [1], the channel property
is optional and if it is missing, then the variable is a global one.

Currently, the event is raised only when a variable of a channel is
changed and your Stasis application is subscribed to that channel.

Is this a documentation error or is this a bug? I already registered one
here [2] and I would like to know if we should close it.

I did some digging and after looking at the code some it appears as though it does try to do so and does actually work, but it's not propagated to every channel or application. It's only if you subscribe to all channel events that you receive the event.

I think the documentation is lacking, specifically describing when and how you would get the global variable events.

--
Joshua Colp