Re: ARI Early Bridge Development: Call Forwarding

Hi Mark,

I think you can guess my possition on this, but I'm all for an event and handling this myself. IN fact, I think that's far more powerful and will give the developer control, which I am always in favour of.

With relation to backwards compatability, I do see your point. However, I think because your introducing something new, IMHO this is prefectly acceptable. It's possible this could be handled with an option in Originate of course to provide default backwards compatability... AutoForward for example (default false). This would follow with SemVer of ARI too, but it depends of course on the complexity of offering both options. That I leave in your far more capable hands.

For me, ARI is the bridge between Asterisk and app_*. The fact we give more control to the developer is always preferable, because then ARI feels less of a second class citizen to anything before it.

Thanks once again for your hard work. :)

Skrusty/Ben