Re: ARI or AMI originate for call files?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Oscar <scriviaoscar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
is it better ARI or AMI originate for call files?
While into call file is it possible delete ring tone when asterisk calls?
thanks

I'm not really sure I completely understand the question, but I'll give it a shot.

There are multiple ways to generate an outbound call in Asterisk. All of these, eventually, map to the same operation: Originate. You can:
* Use a call file, which is a text file placed in a particular location that has a specific formatting. Asterisk will monitor that location, read the file, parse it, originate an outbound call, and then typically discard the file.
* Use the AMI Originate action.
* Use the ARI POST /channels operation.
* Use the Originate dialplan application.
* Use the CLI "channel originate" command.

Which one you use depends on your application. Generally, if you are creating many outbound calls and you need to monitor the calls closely, the AMI or ARI options are more attractive, as they give you more information and more control over the call. If you need to control the outbound call in an application of your design, than ARI is more attractive than AMI. If you need to have little external control over a call, than a call file solution may be appropriate.

In the end, it is up to you and what you are trying to build.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager