Re: Local channel identification in ARI

Thanks, I solved it using channel variables passed to originate action and also added this option to the asterisk-ari-client ruby gem.

     Jan Svoboda
     Software Architect

On Wednesday 15 October 2014 at 01:11, Joshua Colp wrote:

Jan Svoboda wrote:
Hi,

Kia ora,

I have a question regarding local channel identification in ARI.

In my ARI app I am using local channels to route calls back to the app
in certain conditions.

The process is as follows:
1. Channel (phone) calls an extension and enters into stasis
2. Based on channel variables, extension, accountcode, … it is
determined what to do with the channel
3. New channel is created (endpoint: LOCAL/123, appArgs: ‘abc')
4. App receives StasisStart event with channel
Local/123@default-000000b0;2 and empty args.

The problem is identifying those (local) channels when they arrive in
Stasis, since passed appArgs to the originate action for local channel
don’t appear in the StasisStart event. Is this the expected behaviour ?

Yes - You've actually got 2 legs. When you specify the appArgs that only
controls the leg which executes the Stasis application upon the outgoing
leg being answered. It is not passed on to the outgoing leg. To
accomplish what you want though you can either use inherited channel
variables to pass this information on to the other leg OR you can
specify the identifier for each leg when originating and store that
information in your application. When your application is invoked on
each channel you can check using the identifier and know to do something
else.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp