Re: ARI Bridge and Dial

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Jim Black <jblack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks again for the quick reply. I am using Java Websockets Java EE 7 JSR
> 356 - Tyrus part of the Oracle Glassfish package. I have retested on various
> servers and am seeing the same behavior. The call itself is fine but when
> one party hangs up I get the exception (onClose) from Asterisk. I am not
> sending a corresponding ARI event - the Hangup or StasisEnd have not yet
> fired.
>
> The object I capture in the onClose has the following info:
>
>  CloseReason object:
> closeCode:
> code:1007
> Name:NOT_CONSISTENT
> reasonPhrase:Illegal UTF-8 Sequence

The only way we'll know what is causing this is if we figure out what
Asterisk sent to your client over the WebSocket connection. Wireshark
should show that; hopefully, the client library also contains
debugging capabilities allowing you to dump out the bytes received.

A Wireshark capture would be very helpful here. I was able to connect to a local instance of Asterisk running ARI using version 1.6 of the Tyrus standalone client and was able to consistently get StasisStart and StasisEnd messages when originating calls using ARI.

--
Samuel Fortier-Galarneau
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer