Re: ARI Bridge and Dial

The example you gave really helped and I am able to complete a call. However, when the call-ee hangs-up my websocket listener gets an OnClose message with a 1007 - Illegal UTF-8 Sequence. I don't understand why it would be throwing this since I am not sending anything back from the websocket listener. Sometimes I get the ChannelHangupRequest and StasisEnd events before it closes... other times it just closes immediately after the hangup.

I just moved servers and it wasn't exhibiting this type of behavior prior to the move. Any ideas are appreciated!!

-Jim

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Jim Black <jblack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. I mistakenly assumed the create bridge command took a list of types. After taking a look at the swagger UI I figured out it was merely a list of acceptable values. I had an issue with de-serializing the json response which confused the matter. I wrote a custom deserializer and it works fine now.

Thanks for the example from your python code. I followed that example and it worked fine. Considering a bridge needs to be created for a simple dial application - do you see any pitfalls of creating a pool of bridges for the application to share - assuming I take care of the bridge-state internally?

Also... with ARI, I see no hooks into provisioning devices, I assume I need to use AMI updateconfig? Thanks!!!

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 14:43:17 -0500
From: Samuel Galarneau <sgalarneau@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Asterisk Application Development discussion
        <asterisk-app-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ARI Bridge and Dial

Jim, please see my responses in line.

> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions regarding ARI after experimenting with it for a
> while.
>
> Bridging. When I create a bridge, I provide a single type ('mixing') I get
> a '200' OK back but when I retrieve details on the bridge, the type 'list'
> is NULL. The bridge seems to work - but I wanted to make sure there wasn't
> an issue.

What do you mean by type 'list'? What ARI operation are you using to get
details for the bridge?

> Let's say I want to create a simple Dial application. By trial and error,
> what seems to work is a call comes into my dial plan and off to my app. I
> answer, create a bridge and add this channel to the bridge. I then create a
> channel for the destination SIP when it picks-up and add this to the
> bridge. I should now have 2 connected phones. Thanks!!

This sounds about right. After the first channel enters your application,
you need to originate a call to the second channel and then put them both
in the bridge. Once that is done, getting the details of that bridge will
show both channels under the channels property, which will be an array of
channel ids. Please see
https://github.com/asterisk/ari-py/blob/master/examples/originate_example.pyfor
an example of how to do this using ari-py. The same functionality
could
be accomplished by making direct calls to ARI of course.

Samuel Fortier-Galarneau