ARI Mailbox

Hi All,

Quick question, and I don’t want to sound obtuse in asking this, but why do the mailbox ARI’s have mailbox count etc? This seems totally out of sorts with the rest of ARI. From everything else I’ve seen it’s down to the ARI application to maintain its own state information and ensure its correctly accounted for as and when the ARI application starts.

Otherwise I can see issues where state information exists in both, could get out of sync and has the potential to be a mess. Why are we persisting in using voicemail account to activate/deactivate MWI? It just seems very ‘specific’.

Picking up from some comments I’ve seen in older threads, I don’t see why it’s an issue for Asterisk to report incorrect MWI state if the ARI application responsible for it isn’t active.

If voicemail isn’t running (in ARI) then sending any MWI indicator (true) would be wrong, as they’d be unable to obtain the voicemail! It should simply be once the ARI voicemail application is running again, the states are correctly set and asterisk can notify devices.

If an ARI terminates, or asterisk restarts, it should be the responsibility of the ARI application to set the state information. This is as true for voicemail, as it would be for queues or conferences, where applicable.

Really, I don’t see why there is a “mailbox” ARI at all, would it not make more sense to have control over the MWI states directly and set them when an ARI application starts?

May I ask if others feel a similar way?

Skrusty