Re: ARI Issues found during use

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Ben Merrills
<b.merrills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Just wanted to report a few things I've found over the last two days using
> ARI.
>

> BridgeCreated event never gets fired as you have to subscribe to bridge
> events before you receive them. Well, as you can't subscribe to something
> before creating it, this will never be called. Should an application
> automatically be subscribed to any bridges it created?

That's an interesting point.

Currently, the response to the POST /bridges returns the Bridge data
model that you created. I'm not sure the BridgeCreated event adds much
value, even if we did emit it.

I think the only time that this would get raised is if you subscribed
to something else, and it happened to create a Bridge. I'm not sure
what that something else would be, however, off the top of my head.

> LiveRecording doesn't have a reference to the channel it's being performed
> on. This means that RecordingFinished event doesn't give an indication as to
> where the recording was performed (bridge or channel). This is inconsistent
> with Playback which has a Target_uri (URI for the channel or bridge to play
> the media on).
>
> E.g. "target_uri":"channel:1391523700.99"

Agreed, that should probably be added to the LiveRecording data model.

Would you mind filing an issue in the issue tracker for this one? I
think that's pretty clearly a useful addition.

> Playing to a Bridge overlaps audio (but this is already reported in issue#
> 22677 from October 2013)

Thanks for reporting this back - I'd be curious what other people
think about the value of the BridgeCreated event, when you already get
the response.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager