MWI/Mailboxes ARI specifications

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Jonathan Rose <jrose at digium.com> wrote:
> > ARI Mailboxes resource
> >
> > I'm currently starting on some basic implementation of the mailboxes
> > resource described at
> > https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Blinky+Lights+API
> >
> > Data Model:
> >
> > name: string        name of the mailbox
> >
> Prefer to see ID vs name, since both are strings don't see it being an
> issue.

Well, this is a very similar model to deviceStates, which uses 'name' for
the property. ID kind of implies that it's something
that will be generated within Asterisk doesn't it? Like with a channel ID
or the bridge ID... the user/stasis application
doesn't have any ability to set that. Meanwhile I added a new field to
bridges the other day that allows a name to be
explicitly set for the bridge. I suppose one difference in this case is
that the name has some guarantee of uniqueness, but
the existing precedent is still to use 'name' for this property rather than
ID.

> > new_messages: int   count of messages that have not been marked as old
> > old_messages: int   count of messages that have been marked as old
> >
> maybe even 1 step further:
>
> newMsgs = msgcount
> oldMsgs = msgcount
> newUrgentMsgs = msgcount
> oldUrgentMsgs  = msgcount

from https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/3061/diff/#index_header :

71

struct ast_mwi_mailbox_object {

72

	SORCERY_OBJECT(details);

73

	/*! Number of new messages in mailbox. */

74

	unsigned int msgs_new;

75

	/*! Number of old messages in mailbox. */

76

	unsigned int msgs_old;

77

};

I don't think the external MWI system is going to have any means of
handling messages flagged as urgent.

> [1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3842
>
> Also, case should be camelCase, not snake_case.

I don't think SIP RFCs really apply to this discussion (this is all channel
technology agnostic), but Swagger
won't actually allow model properties to contain uppercase characters
anyway.

--
Jonathan R. Rose
Digium, Inc. | Software Engineer