Originate/Channel Creation as a two step process

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
> Thanks for starting this discussion here Matt.
>
> I would be satisfied by either of the two main proposed solutions.
>
> My implementation of a FreeSWITCH Inbound-Event-Socket app goes for the
> "specify channel ID" approach. In this case I can just create a UUID myself.

This one get my vote, plus we can just see how FreeSWITCH does it, trolo. :)

> I would be fine with requesting allocating of a UUID from Asterisk, but I'm
> not sure how this is really different from pre-allocating a "proto-channel".
>
> Anything that doesn't ensure that I have the channel's uniqueid before I
> request origination is not a solution and means that I have to go
> single-threaded to guarantee correctness. We currently do this in Adhearsion
> and it hurts performance horribly.

What does your code look like to to day for AMI async originate? Can
you share something that compares Asterisk to FreeSWITCH in that
aspect.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]