Originate/Channel Creation as a two step process

Okay, so that is what I thought. The client wants to know about the

> channel, so that said, why don't we allow a client to create a channel
> directly? Something like:
>
> $id=uuid.generate()
>
> POST /channels/$id/?endpoint...
>   => Returns 200 OK
>
> I don't know if that is an option or not, but I _think_ that gets
> around the issue of a two step process. Obviously you return error
> codes on failure.

As I noted in my reply to David, this unfortunately breaks linkedid
propagation.

> My only other question with the two step process, is how long does the
> channel live for? What happens if you don't use /run, or asterisk
> dies, etc. Seems like it adds more overhead to the application to now
> manage said channels.

That's no different than the other resources you create. If you create a
bridge, you have to destroy it. If you create a channel, and it never hangs
up - you have to destroy it. It's no additional work.