Mapping ARI events to imperative call flows

2013/10/16 David M. Lee <dlee at digium.com>:
> Alistair Cunningham wrote:
>
>> If implementing this using ARI, we're going to get events such as
>> PlaybackFinished, ChannelDtmfReceived, and Hangup. When this happens,
>> how do we know where we are in the call flow and what to do next?
>> Several options spring to mind:
>
> The great thing about ARI is that any of those methods could work. You
> can use whatever is appropriate for you and your team.

I believe the details will differ whether you have a permanent process
that will handle those events or you will fire up new processes based
on the events you receive. When we started doing AMI for Wombat, we
used a message-based architecture where all AMI messages go through a
broker and things you perform are just objects registered to the
broker, that tell the broker things like "I am interested in this kind
of event" or "I am interested in this kind of reply" and can queue up
more AMI actions for processing and will unregister themselves when
done. This helps decoupling from the details - you can get the current
state of all the things you are doing just by querying your objects,
and an object can perform a sequence of actions.

l.

--
Loway - home of QueueMetrics - http://queuemetrics.com
Try the WombatDialer auto-dialer @ http://wombatdialer.com

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]