ARI method of posting log messages to Asterisk

2013/10/16 Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com>:
>> Say for example your application hits an error condition and hangs up the
>> channel - from the Asterisk log file perspective, it just got a DELETE
>> channel and it hangs up the channel. It doesn't know why it hung it up - for
>> all it knows, the hangup was completely nominal. Having the ability to send
>> a:
>>
>> [Oct 16 17:20:23] ERROR[20023] my_first_queue.py:1234: Oh snap! There aren't
>> any agents! Bail - bail - bail

I think I initially proposed this at the AstriDevCon. The idea is that
it is true you can interact with your own logging, but if the app is
remote - and apps will be remotely hosted, and/or interacting with
multiple boxes at once - it will be easier to find issues by looking
at the local log - where you find everything else as well. I would not
need different logging levels or anything - I would not send internal
debug messages this way, but would likely send events that are
meaningful for the Asterisk administration e.g. why a channel was hung
up in error or a bridge was not found.

I would have no way to write to the syslog from a remotely hosted
application that has only ARI access to Asterisk and no access to
services and filesystem.

Just my two cents.
l.

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]