AMI: duplicate events

On 10/16/2013 04:29 PM, jg wrote:
> Whenever 2 channels form a bridge, I see a duplicate pair of "Bridge"
> events (Asterisk 11.5.1), like
>
> Event: Bridge
> Privilege: call,all
> Bridgestate: Link
> Bridgetype: core
> Channel1: SIP/Sn370-0000002a
> Channel2: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;1
> Uniqueid1: 1381958063.58
> Uniqueid2: 1381958063.59
> CallerID1: *7001
> CallerID2: asterisk
>
> Event: Bridge
> Privilege: call,all
> Bridgestate: Unlink
> Bridgetype: core
> Channel1: SIP/Sn370-0000002a
> Channel2: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;1
> Uniqueid1: 1381958063.58
> Uniqueid2: 1381958063.59
> CallerID1: *7001
> CallerID2: asterisk
>
> Event: Bridge
> Privilege: call,all
> Bridgestate: Link
> Bridgetype: core
> Channel1: SIP/Sn370-0000002a
> Channel2: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;1
> Uniqueid1: 1381958063.58
> Uniqueid2: 1381958063.59
> CallerID1: *7001
> CallerID2: asterisk

> Event: SoftHangupRequest
> Privilege: call,all
> Channel: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;2
> Uniqueid: 1381958063.60
> Cause: 16
>
> Event: Hangup
> Privilege: call,all
> Channel: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;2
> Uniqueid: 1381958063.60
> CallerIDNum: *7001
> CallerIDName: Snom 370 ???
> ConnectedLineNum: asterisk
> ConnectedLineName: <unknown>
> AccountCode:
> Cause: 0
> Cause-txt: Unknown
>
> Event: Bridge
> Privilege: call,all
> Bridgestate: Unlink
> Bridgetype: core
> Channel1: SIP/Sn370-0000002a
> Channel2: Local/voicemailmain at from-internal-00000008;1
> Uniqueid1: 1381958063.58
> Uniqueid2: 1381958063.59
> CallerID1: *7001
> CallerID2: asterisk
>
> The "Bridge" events are symmetric with respect to "Link" and "Unlink",
> but initially there is a quick "Link" and "Unlink" that does not seem
> to serve any purpose.
>
> Is this an artifact of the manager interface?
>
> jg

In all versions prior to Asterisk 12, the Bridge event is...less than
useful. What you're seeing here isn't really an artifact of the manager
interface so much as that Asterisk is exposing too much of its
internals. In the case of the bridging, there is a 3-deep series of for
loops that control a bridge. The outer-most one is what is responsible
for executing DTMF and timed features on channels in a bridge. The
second-tier one is the one that emits these Link and Unlink events. So
what happens is that any time the second-tier loop is broken and the
outermost one takes control, you'll see a Bridge Unlink event. This
second-tier loop can be broken by such things as receiving specific
control frame types, receiving DTMF, and certain timeouts. I can't tell
what's happening in your particular case, partially because the
Bridgetype field on those Bridge events will always say "core" even if
the bridge type should be something else. All of this is to say that
aside from the initial Bridge Link event, using Bridge events to try to
figure out whether channels are actually bridged is not advised.

In Asterisk 12, however, a different bridging framework is used, so
instead of seeing two-party Bridge events, you now have bridge-centric
events that give you an accurate picture of the bridge. You have events
like BridgeCreate, when a bridge is created; BridgeEnter, when a channel
enters a bridge; BridgeLeave, when a channel exits a bridge; and
BridgeDestroy, when a Bridge is destroyed. With this, you get a much
more accurate and clear picture of the state of the system and are also
not restricted to seeing Bridge events only on two-party calls.

Mark Michelson

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]