Implementation of ChanSpy functionality in ARI

On Oct 15, 2013, at 6:21 PM, Daniel Jenkins <dan.jenkins88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Throwing it completely out there, it's kinda relevant but not at the same time,
>
> As a developer programming for web, and I want to listen in on a channel, I'd rather have a media stream, streamed to me via http/websocket rather than having to say setup a webrtc enabled sip endpoint etc etc and mix in the sip channel.
>
> So as a developer thinking about future web applications, would this ever happen? Being able to spy without the need for a "channel to mix in"

So GET /channels/{channelId}/tap, which just gives you a media stream for that channel.

Sounds nice, but the more Asterisk/media savvy folks on the list will have to comment on how feasible it is. My guess is that there's probably audio quality/format issues that would make this an ideal solution.

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer