Re: Tracking album 3

Hi Ben,
I'm sure you can find expertise. It might be helpful to send an e-mail either to this list in particular or try the Linux-Audio Users' list or the linuxmusician.com forum and put something like "loading windows/VST plugins in Reaper on Linux" into the subject line. There are several solutions for this issue with their advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunatley, I'm not knowledgeable on these matters.

Best wishes, best of luck and welcome,

Jeanette

Mar 10 2023, Ben Bennett has written:

Hey everyone, not sure how this email list works, but what the hell, I want
to share this.

Im the bassist of a metal band called Xoth. We are currently in
pre-production, and im doing all of my bass tracks in Reaper on my Arch/i3
setup. I accidentally nuked my mac that I had used for the first two
albums. I was a Logic Pro loyalist, but started getting sick of all the
"bugs" that would occur. Like, not letting me practice over a track unless
I had a midi instrument selected and armed to record.

Anyways, so far so good. Its hella fast and Im having a good time recording
in my rice. I'm just sending this out there to say hello and see if anyone
has any tips for mixing with windows plugins. Any help or wisdom would be
awesome.

Thanks for reading this, check out my band if youre into this type of
thing. Maybe I know some of you already!

https://xoth.bandcamp.com/album/interdimensional-invocations

- Ben

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Say hello to the girl that I am! <3