Re: arch-proaudio Digest, Vol 31, Issue 2

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:36:32 -0800 Kevin wrote:
> Pamac manager lists Agordejo 0.3.0-1 as the latest release.

that is the latest version; but when reporting bugs, only the
'pacman' package manager and the true
/etc/pacman.{conf,d/mirrorlist} should be considered - like
raysession, pamac is unsupported software - bug reports should
be directed toward the AUR maintainers; because only they can
address them in any way

i am not certain if this list is appropriate - is this list
intended for general pro-audio tech support (eg: including
third-party software)? - or is third-party software off-topic on
this list? - perhaps i am over-emphasizing that distinction
(that this thread may be entirely unrelated to any standard arch
software) - the linuxaudio lists/forum/IRC/etc are much more
used/popular for such tech support questions, no? - that is why
ive assumed this list had an intention, more special than as
another general computer music forum

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:36:32 -0800 Kevin wrote:
> *~ >>> file /usr/bin/ray-jack_checker_daemon
>  /usr/bin/ray-jack_checker_daemon: broken symbolic link to
> /var/cache/private/pamac/raysession-git/pkg/raysession-git//usr/share/raysession/src/bin/ray-jack_checker_daemon

the above strongly implicates the unsupported raysession and/or
pamac software, as the source of the problem; which was my
previous speculation

if this were my problem (the first triage step), i would
uninstall raysession, pamac, and all software which was ever
installed by pamac (or simulate that state in a VM), to
demonstrate that removing one or the other of raysession/pamac,
resolves the problem (allows agordejo to start)

demonstrating so, would strongly absolve agordejo (and all other
arch software) as the culprits - then, at least it would be more
obvious which people/forum would be best for this discussion

does agordejo start, when that raysession package is not
installed?