Re: Is It Me or Ardour?

First of all, is there a reason that my mails to this list need to pass
moderation?

On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:08:39 +0100, hgn wrote:
>Switching the language to English in your terminal will drastically
>increase the chances of an answer, either here or in the ardour forums.

This would be true, if there would be any relevant messages. It's a
language I don't understand, however, without doubts the OP just gets
the usual information messages and then nothing happens. The content of
those messages is about the open files limit etc., there are no error
messages.

An error message could look like this

ardour: [ERROR]: ControlProtocolManager: cannot load module "/usr/lib/ardour5/surfaces/libardour_wiimote.so" (/usr/lib/libcwiid.so.1: undefined symbol: hci_close_dev)

The first thing I would do, to troubleshoot, would open a second
terminal and take a look if running

  top

does show something. In a third terminal I would start with taking a
look at

  ps aux | grep ardour

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-pussytoes,-cornflower,}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.19.arch1-1