Re: package gcr breaks real-time settings

On 2018-09-02 19:08:11 (+0200), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Sep 2018 18:32:42 +0200, David Runge wrote:
> >We are not Debian. Arch is rolling release. We don't support partial
> >upgrades and we also don't support versions of whatever from last year.
> >
> >Please stop posting the same information over and over again.
> >This is getting really annoying.
>
> Stop to behave in an insane way as Eli Schwartz does! Read the
> information more carefully instead of ignoring it and just mention the
> "Arch approach" to cover your ignorance!
Given the fact that you've now chosen the path of making personal
attacks (again), I have put you on moderation.
The only one who is being ignorant here, is you.
I have suggested to you what your problem with your configuration is.
I even gave you and also Fons possible ways of configuring your system
in such a way, that you don't have to use dropin files (which have been
around for along time, but that's another story).

I'm tired of reading your insults and repetitive information, about a
problem that you have because of a partial upgrade (which we don't
support - period).

This has nothing to do with your ability to maneuvre a Linux system.
This has something to do with you ignoring what people answer and
suggest and spamming every Arch list with arbitrary information (even
after you problem is solved) and wasting all of our time (and then
turning to personal attacks).

> We are all Arch users with different skills, but note, you are in
> contact with several professional (current and former) audio engineers
> using Linux for more than a decade. At least two of them have an
> objection that isn't conformable for your point of view. IIRC the "Arch
> approach" covers the KISS principle as well as user's customization.
Stop using the Arch lists for accusations of this kind.
I'm perfectly aware of other people's skill sets and preferences, which
is why I gave a suggestion on how you can use your setup without the
realtime-privileges package.
I spend a considerable amount of my free time actually trying to improve
the infrastructure and (pro-audio) packaging in Arch.
What you do here is toxic and condescending and sucks out all the fun
out of doing that.

> Nitpicking regarding the "Arch approach" gains nothing. Consider to
> stop to sit "auf dem hohen Roß" and care about user reports.
I'm not sitting "on the high horse" here. I've offered my help.
And you rant.

Btw: Fons didn't give very detailed information on what actually his
problems are yet (besides a lot of emotional context about dropin
configuration files and group usage). He's entitled to have that. I'm
entitled to ask for further information regarding his reported problems.
There's nothing more to that.

Best,
David

--