Re: What AUR build environment are you using?

Hey Chris,

On 2018-04-27 17:41:02 (+0200), SpotlightKid wrote:
> Hi AUR packagers,
>
> which environment / tools are you using to build your AUR packages to
> ensure you don't miss any dependencies?
Currently I'm trying to switch to aurutils [1] as it has devtools
integration.

> I'm a bit confused on whether devtools can be used to build AUR packages
> in a chroot environment or if it is only for packages in the official
> repositories. Can somebody shed some light on this or link to a guide on
> how to do this?
Yes, it can be used, but the dependencies need to be in a known
repository and not be built from source.

> I tried this docker-based solution:
>
> https://github.com/Aisbergg/docker-arch-aur-makepkg
>
> It works for some packages, but I'm having trouble compiling e.g. the
> juce AUR package. I get some strange missing symbols in the linking
> stage, even though the needed library package seems to installed (icu).
> Does anybody have any experience with this solution? Or can anybody
> recommend an easy to use docker-based recipe for building AUR packages?
Not a big fan of docker, but whatever floats your boat :)
Devtools uses systemd-nspawn, which is pretty great for building
packages in a clean chroot environment.

Best,
David

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/aurutils/