Re: MIDI guitar

On Sun, 25 Mar 2018 15:55:01 +0200, SpotlightKid wrote:
>Am 25.03.2018 um 15:40 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
>> After watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VS0dc4aGJ0 my way to
>> go is definitively a Roland GR-55, but since I'm a hardrock
>> musician, I can't get friend with this Borg thingy, since the cable
>> from the hex Roland GK-3 pickup to the bizarre thingy is in the way,
>> when playing guitar.
>>
>> has got anybody on this list experiences with MIDIfied guitars?
>
>I've got a Fishman TriplePlay, which works very well (I use it with
>Yamaha Pacifica 611HFM), but it also has got that "Borg thingy" going
>on. The USB Wifi dongle shows up as a class compliant MIDI device, so
>it works well under Linux too. Obviously all the software that comes
>with it, is useless there.
>
>Chris

The Fishman Triple Play is cheaper than the Roland solution, but it
seems to be an USB and not a real MIDI solution,
https://www.thomann.de/de/fishman_triple_play.htm?sid=7d1a6b0608513fa4546912402d244a7a .
I want to be able to play something like my Oberheim Matrix-1000 (it
has got a special guitar synth mode),
http://www.vintagesynth.com/oberheim/mat1000.php directly via MIDI,
without the need to use a PC via USB. A computer used via USB
would add MIDI jitter, but even if there should be no issue regarding
jitter, I want hardware that doesn't require usage of a PC.