virtualbox 7.0.16 and Windows 11 guest

Hi,

today I removed virtualbox6.1-bin 6.1.50 and installed
virtualbox 7.0.16, because 6.1.50 doesn't work anymore [1] and I got rid
of fixing virtualbox 6+ again and again.

Doing a first short test a Windows 10 guest seems to run, but a
Windows 11 guest seems to cause issues, at least a shutdown of the
Windows 11 guest with _not_ updated guest additions didn't finish and
locked the host or rather it was possible to push Ctrl+Alt+F2 and to run
pkill VirtualBoxVM  to get back a responding Arch Linux host.

For other reasons I'm restoring another backup of Windows 11, which will
take more than an hour, since the the vdi's size is > 700 GiB, so in the
meantime I want to gather information. I will take a look at the
settings mentioned by the Arch Wiki [2], [3].

Are there more settings I can check?

It's an Intel CPU wit integrated GPU.

• rocketmouse@archlinux ~
$ hwinfo --cpu | sort -u | grep Model
  Model: 6.191.5 "13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-13100"
• rocketmouse@archlinux ~
$ hwinfo --memory | grep Size
  Memory Size: 32 GB

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
"Could you still start Windows guests with virtualbox6.1-bin 6.1.50-1 or
do you also experience guru meditations? I'm currently trying
extra/virtualbox 7.0.16-1, which gets rid of the gurus, but so far a
Windows 11 guest is not doing well." -
https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/virtualbox6.1-bin#comment-968033

[2]
"4.11.1 Creating the virtual machine

A VirtualBox virtual machine must be manually created. As of now do not
add any storage device any disk to the virtual machine, it will be done
manually later.

Configure the virtual machine with the following settings (settings
panel can be opened by clicking the "Settings" button in the main
toolbar):

        Tab: Motherboard:
            mark Enable I/O APIC;
            mark Enable EFI;
            mark Hardware Clock in UTC Time if is your case.
        Tab: Processor:
            mark Enable PAE/NX;
            mark Enable Nested VT-x/AMD-V;
        Tab: Acceleration:
            Choose the paravirtualization interface Hyper-V from the
drop down menu;
            mark Enable Nested Paging.

Optionally you can enable also the following settings:

        Tab: Screen
            mark Enable 3D Acceleration. Note that it could cause
glitches.

Note: The Hyper-V setting is not required in order for the system to
operate correctly, but it may help avoid licensing issues." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VirtualBox#Creating_the_virtual_machine

[3]
"5.22 Random freezing in guests with Intel GPU

With Intel CPU and graphics, allocating more processors for the guest
can lower render performance, thus cause random freezing. Allocating
less processors can help." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VirtualBox#Random_freezing_in_guests_with_Intel_GPU