Re: man.archlinux.org/man/xzmore.1.uk is not in English

Aaron Liu <aaronliu0130@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure most man pages don't have a special version for a
> different English dialect anyway.
>
> Also, have you any idea what OP means about the hash mismatch?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Aᴀʀᴏɴ

Hello,

I was unaware, or completely confused, about language code vs country code.

As for pacman:
==============
I didn't -Qkk for a long time. Years ago, -Qkk gave the expected results.
Tried yesterday for the first time since then. I do get many warnings.
Superficially, that could be tied to xz 5.6.1-1 -> 5.6.1-2. Used the
word superficially because it is only a hunch. No concrete evidence for
the tie.
I am not sure if since yesterday, or maybe for only 2 or 3 days,
pacman 6.0.2-9 behaves differently then before. I will have to further
test it.

While writing about pacman, and without the -debug package/coredump analisys,
my problem with 6.0.3-1 is:

It could be you can reproduce the issue by youself.

After upgrading pacman 6.0.2-9 -> 6.1.0-3.

    # pacman -Sw abc
    error: segmentation fault
    Please submit a full bug report with --debug if appropriate.
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

abc, System for Sequential Logic Synthesis and Formal Verification, is a real
package. It is just an example here.
In the past, downgrading to 6.0.2-9 eliminated the issue. I am not sure
that statement is now correct. That is why I wrote in the prevoius section
that I will have to further test it.

It could be worth pointing out that:
1. The package seems to be downloaded successfuly. pacman -U can install it.
   Which makes me think the segfault is somewhwre after downloading.
2. Signature, .sig, file was not downloaded. I believe this is the usual
   case here.
3. pacman.conf is using
   XferCommand = /usr/bin/curl --socks5-hostname IP:PORT --silent --show-error --continue-at - --fail-early --fail --output %o %u
   Using what looks to me a similar command from the shell for the sig succeeds.
4. After the sigfault, the lock file is not removed automatically.

--
u34