Re: Proposal to increase the default vm.max_map_count value

On 3/25/24 5:48 PM, Martin Rys wrote:
Did anyone try proposing changes to the actual upstream Linux default
instead of just hacking it higher downstream?
Yes, see this message [1] from the original thread in the Arch-Dev-Public ML. Although, I personally doubt that upstream will consider this change at the moment, but I could be wrong.

Doesn't look like it's even configurable at the moment, based on the
Fedora document.
Not sure what you mean or what you are referring to?
Of course the vm.max_map_count value is configurable.

Martin

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 5:08 PM Rein Fernhout (Levitating)