AUR helpers are not supported by Arch Linux. You should become familiar with the manual build process in order to be prepared to troubleshoot problems.

[1]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_and_upgrading_packages
[2]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_helpers

On 2024-03-22 22:15, Jeanette C. wrote:
Hey hey,
I need CLI access to my dropboox account. I'm still running dropbox-cli, which is marked as out-of-date and I couldn't update to the latest version. Using trizen, I get this error message:
[...]
-> Found dropboxd-fallback.patch
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
dropbox-cli-2023.09.06.py ... FAILED
dropboxd-fallback.patch ... Passed
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
:: Unable to build dropbox-cli - makepkg exited with code: 1

There is dbxcli a commandline interface written in Go, which also fails to build with this: no required module provides package github.com/dropbox/dbxcli: go.mod file not found in current directory or any parent directory; see 'go help modules'
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...
:: Unable to build dbxcli - makepkg exited with code: 4

Has any one else perhaps encountered these errors and found a fix or can suggest another commandline app that will give easy access to an existing dropbox account.

Best wishes and thanks,

Jeanette