libblockdev - Split all provided plugins into separate packages (motivation?)

All, David,

Just did the system upgrade with the split of libblockdev packages, all went fine, though it did suggest install of the LVM plugin. I'm curious as to the motivation for the change? Easier to maintain? Smaller packages? Less overhead? etc...

The trend I've seen over the past several years is to subdivide packages, which as long as they continue to work is fine, but at some point it does begin making it harder for the user to keep track of what all subpackages are required for package-X -- unless they are intimately familiar with they package and their use needs.

  So why was libblockdev put on the chopping-block?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.