Re: No graphical interface

On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 20:15:32 +0000
pete <petegn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks having problems here i have lost access to kde plasma on the main box
> i have installed a new drive and reinstalled i believe it is on my /home drive
> where thr issue lies is anyone else having issues .
>
> i know this is scant information but i have no mail access on the machine that
> is having the issue
> wish there was someone local to me
>
> Thanks folks Pete

Replying to my own mail

It gets stranger by the day

At the moment i am running Manjaro  it works perfectly on the same hardware  so
i cfanned it tried Arch again no go reinstalled Manjaro  . instant sucsess .

On thing i have since bumped into if running plasma wayland the vlc Kaffeine
Firefox and Discord  all cause issues  with Khelp centre opening literally
humdreds  of tabs in Firefox and if it is not open then it opens it and does
same . if i reboot switch to X11 plasma no such problems

got a brand new SSD 2Tb to try Arch install agin on

cheers folks i need to get back on Arch

Pete