Re: No graphical interface

Hi,

You are saying you installed a new drive and then you reboot and you get the tty screen instead of your KDE desktop?

Can you elaborate more about your installation? Was it an extra drive, or the drive where root was? If the latter, how did you copy the info back? Did you use rsync before you swap the drives?

Like others have said, not enough information to start troubleshooting this, with what has been provided thus far.

If you have your home directory separate your date is safe, you will be able to retrieve your data, before you start exploring options, as simple as reinstalling  plasma itself and re enabling the sddm service, or as radical as re installing your system, but the latter is really of last resort, especially if your system is currently booting up.

Let us know more, and we will go from there.

Regards,

Alex T.