[Postfix] Warn that databases need regeneration

Hello,

I realised overnight I was not receiving emails after the latest
version of postfix [1].

This is currently in testing, however I thought it would be best to
discuss in the general mailing list instead of #archlinux-testing as it
is a larger topic.

I searched for a "updating" or "upgrading" documentation from postfix,
and read their announcement and no mention was made of this. [2][3]

Background behind this, I thought it was weird I didn't receive any
emails for 24 hours (spam emails are pretty common, and mailing list
emails so this is unheard of), so I checked the logs and found the
following after updating:

Jan 23 14:43:46 email postfix/trivial-rewrite[1043]: warning:
virtual_alias_domains lookup failure
Jan 23 14:43:46 email postfix/trivial-rewrite[1043]: warning:
virtual_alias_domains: hash:/etc/postfix/virtual: table lookup problem
Jan 23 14:43:46 email postfix/trivial-rewrite[1043]: warning:
hash:/etc/postfix/virtual is unavailable. open database
/etc/postfix/virtual.db: Invalid argument
Jan 23 14:43:46 email postfix/trivial-rewrite[1043]: error: open
database /etc/postfix/virtual.db: Invalid argument

(Note these are in REVERSE order)

So I found this pretty weird and checked my config, and checked to see
virtual.db existed, which it did, so I decided to just regenerate it
(postmap virtual). And it fixed the issue.

I then restarted and found this:

Jan 23 14:46:55 email postfix/local[1094]: warning:
hash:/etc/postfix/aliases: lookup of 'polarian' failed
Jan 23 14:46:55 email postfix/local[1094]: warning:
hash:/etc/postfix/aliases is unavailable. open database
/etc/postfix/aliases.db: Invalid argument

And I did the same thing, regenerated aliases.db (postmap aliases).

This fixed the issue and I am back to recieving emails, but there was
NO warning of the requirement to regenerate the databases, unless it is
deeply nested into the documentation somewhere?

I have had my email server for years, and I have never had issues with
updating, so I do find it a little strange that this update required
regeneration of the databases, and there was no warning in the
accouncement about it.

So I have a few suggestions:

- Adding a upgrading note to the ArchWiki article. [4]
- Add a echo to warn the user to regenerate the virtual and aliases
  database in post_upgrade(). [5]

And also a few questions:

- Does anyone know if there is any source I am missing which warned
  about the requirement to regenerate the aliases and virtual databases
  on upgrade?
- Did anyone else encounter this issue? (you would need to have testing
  repository enabled)

Take care,
--
Polarian