Re: Mouse C & P

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:16:35 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2024-01-22 at 10:52 +0000, pete wrote:
> > the big opps
>
> Hi Pete,
>
> 1. not every oops might be related to each other, with such a basic
> attitude you make an unbiased search for errors more difficult.
>
> 2. If there really was a "big oops" (however, I am sceptical about this)
> and you now suffer from one issue after another, consider to deliver the
> horse from it's pain with a valiant shot and ride in a new horse.
>

> >  I used to be able to C&P from xterm to gui  term to term with the mouse
> > now it does not work at all
> >
> > What am i mising
>
> I searched your emails and read that you are using KDE. Is this
> correct?Do I understand correctly, that you want middle-click paste?
>
> If you don't mention this, we might give you a hint, that is null and
> void, because something else does override those settings.
>
> If I google for    kde middle click paste    the first hit is the
> Manjaro Linux Forum. FWIW Manjaro is based on Arch Linux.
>
> A few hits below, but still under the top hits are links to the Arch
> Linux Forums. Some users prefer to disable the option, but it might be
> helpful to even read those hints.
>
> If I use DDG to search    for kde middle click paste    the realated hit
> are the Arch Linux Forums.
>
> Disclaimer, I didn't read any of those threads! Consider to take a look
> at related threads and then either post how you solved the issue or post
> what you already tried, that still doesn't work.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Hi Ralf

Thanks  for the reply

Yes KDE plasma  the latest as per the new install and updates

how it always used to work  was put cursor at text  you want to copy hold right
mouse button drag mouse  that copied it  then put mouse cursor where you want
it pasted click left & right together  that pasted it

that is how it always used to work   .

Cheers   Pete