Re: Migration from LXD to Incus

Hello,

The issue with using the lxd-to-incus migration program is that it requires the lxd server to run in order to work. If I install incus via pacman and then try to migrate, I get:

# lxd-to-incus
=> Looking for source server
==> Detected: manual installation
=> Looking for target server
Error: No target server could be found

This message is expected, because the target server (lxd) was uninstalled by pacman during the installation of incus.

In comparison, on a Debian box, 'apt-get install incus' installs Incus in parallel to lxd and the subsequent migration program works fine.

Best,