Re: Problem with python 3.11

On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 20:26:33 -0500
2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 2023-12-24 at 00:03:35 +0000,
> pete <petegn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks
> > strange one here   had an update fail a few weeks ago cleared all the fails
> > apart from this lot
> >

> > could not get file information for
> >  usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/libsvn/_ra.so
> >  could not get file information for usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >                                         uptools/config/__pycache__/ warning:
> > could not get file information for usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >                                        uptools/config/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
> > warning: could not get file information for
> > usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >     uptools/config/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-311.pyc warning: could not
> > get file information for usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >                          uptools/config/__pycache__/_apply_pyprojecttoml.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
> > warning: could not get file information for
> > usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >     uptools/config/__pycache__/_apply_pyprojecttoml.cpython-311.pyc warning:
> > could not get file information for usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> >                                        uptools/config/__pycache__/expand.cpython-311.opt-1.pyc
> > warning: could not get file information for
> > usr/lib/python3.11/site-packages/set
> > uptools/config/__pycache__/expand.cpython-311.pyc
> >
> > plus more  all the packages that are complained about are present  and seem
> > to be complete  .
> >
> > I am at a loss as to where to go next   any help appreciated
> >
> > Happy Christmas  to all hope 2024 is vastly better than 2023 has been
> >
> > Cheers   Pete .
>
> One thing that jumps out at me is that all of those paths are
> *relative*.  I don't have any idea what "an update" looks like, let
> alone what "an update fail," but I might suspect that some environment
> variable that should be absolute (PATH?  PYTHONPATH?  PYTHONSTARTUP?) is
> actually relative (or empty or even entirely unset).
>
> An actual log and/or error messages from the failed update would be
> informative.  What kind of OS is it?  What kind of installation failed?
> Again, actual commands and copied/pasted output from your terminal are
> the best.
>
> Those paths also make me think that you're talking about the system
> Python (as opposed to something you installed locally under your home
> directory).  What happens if you uninstall it and reinstall it?
>
> Good luck.
Yes the system Python  .

It was a Normal   " pacman -Syu"   that failed it seems althou it did not seem
to fail i had a load of issues had to boot off the install dvd mount the system
on that   rebuild the kernel   qt stuff  huge list  now it is just this python
i have tried reinstalling  to no avail

Pete