Re: when are sound servers necessary?

Thanks much, this clarifies some things.  Screen reader users will have
one process running constantly and will need at least another process to
permit any other program to generate sound simultaneously.
I have pulseaudio on this system and alsa and that probably will be enough
for my uses.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.