Re: Anticipation - Any idea when linux 6.6 will emerge from core-testing? (fwd)

On 11/8/23 01:19, Erich Eckner wrote:
Hi David,

not answering your question, but:

What speaks against testing with the linux package in core-testing? IIRC, the linux package was one of the packages, that could be up- and down-graded quite independently of all the other packages.

Oops,

  Sorry Erich, I replied directly.

The basic issue for not using the testing repos on this box is it is a server, with with several companies relying on it for mail and web hosting. So I have to plan upgrades during the overnight hours when traffic is at a minimum. If I may have issue, then I try and get a feel for when I may have to plan for that. (nvidia and major kernel version updates are one such issue). This box in particular is one that is not well suited for enabling testing to see how it goes.

I need to setup another box for that, and I usually do, but the other several Arch boxes I have can't support a dual-width video card to try the 390xx card in them.

  That's the only reason I haven't enabled testing for this issue.

  Sorry that reason was made clear in the original post.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.