Re: vbox dkms fix - How to include fix for linux, but not linux-lts?

On 8/27/23 03:26, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

However, it's always worth to take a look at the virtualbox 7+ changes
from official Arch repositories, before considering other measures.

Yes, I'm about ready to make the jump. I wait because I have some unique uses of virtualbox. I've hosted a number of law offices over the years and many went away when XP was still a thing. Unfortunately, the accounting software used in the old offices will not run on newer windows and being proprietary, there is no other way to access that information should the need arise. (and it has a few times over the years) So until I see all bugs shaken out and a clear migration path, I stick with the old version.

I've also reinvented the not-perfectly-round wheel a few times, rather
than adopting the round wheel that someone else invented before me.

Welcome to the club!

That seems to be my M.O. Something breaks, my first thought is to fix-it, rather than search to see of somebody else has already done it. Many rough-hewn wheels have been left along the way.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.