Re: ANN: arch-log: a tool for quickly checking package commit logs for Arch & AUR

On 2023-07-16 17:14:09 (+0100), Polarian wrote:
> I am not sure why this is needed.

And I am not sure why a response like yours is needed to an email of someone who
shares their hobby project.

> You can simply use git clone to clone the repository from the dumb http
> frontend, and then use git log to show the logs, I do not see why this needs
> to be wrapped with a script as it is already a simple process to do.

Replies like these are the reason why people perceive the Arch Linux community
as not welcoming.

Not every email on this list has to be commented by you (aka "if you don't have
anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" :) ).

FWIW, even if I don't use or want to use the described tool myself, there
might still be plenty of other people that may find it useful. In my book that
is *always* a net positive and means that there are people out there that
improve the usability of Arch Linux and the community itself.

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de