Re: Indexing of official and unofficial pages on ArchWiki

Hi

On 07/06/2023 13:07, Polarian wrote:
Hello,

So I was editing the ArchWiki today and I found the following:

<snip>
- Is this a terrible idea?
- Who would develop and maintain the source code?
- Who would be responsible to hosting it, its unofficial thus someone has to? - Would you feel comfortable using a tool which is not officially supported?

For arch staff (which I hope will critisise the idea massively):

- Would this breach any rules?

No, why would it? You are free to index whatever you want.

- Would you be happy with official packages being indexed alongside their unofficial counterparts?

Obviously if you do this you should make it obvious what is official and not.

- Would this cause conflict within the community, or with staff members?

I don't see why. Although as an Arch packager I am of the opinion that obviously everything which is useful should be in the official repos :-)

Greetings,

Jelle