Re: Help debugging random lockups

On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 17:17, Spencer Collyer <spencer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a reasonably new PC which ran with no problems for around six weeks after initial install of Arch, but then about two weeks ago it started locking up randomly. I can't see anything obvious that is causing it to lock up. Sometimes it does it while I am actively working, and other times it locks up overnight (I tend to leave it running continuously).

Another thing you can try to do if you have access to another machine is to configure netconsole to send your kernel log output to another machine. That way you can capture everything right up until the moment it stops responding.

 http://www.infotinks.com/linux-netconsole-module-send-dmesgconsolelogs-to-remote-system/