Re: Help debugging random lockups

Hello,

I have found that the most common cause for random lock ups are memory issues.

Make sure the following:
- You are not starving the kernel of memory, in the logs there should be kernel panics due to lack of memory. - Your memory is not defective, you have memtester within the Arch Installation Media.

I found that XMP can cause the system to randomly freeze, it could boot and run for 30-60 mins and then freeze completely, without any kernel messages, disable XMP fixed this.

If it is not memory, then like Andy has suggested, you will need to troubleshoot the hardware.

Ensure to check the kernel logs before proceeding to do anything, and also as Andy said in their sidenote, temps would be a good idea to check just in case.

Good luck,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760